Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Colossians 1:24-2:5

I don't know about you, but sometimes I forget that I am called to share Jesus with others. That it is my calling, not just the "job" of my pastor or church. Whether you are a stay at home mom or you are climbing the corporate ladder, we all have the responsibility to share Jesus with others.
Paul says in Colossians 1:25 "of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God that was given to me for you, to make the word of God fully known"
In the past, I've skimmed past this verse, assuming it didn't apply to me since I'm a stay at home momma. Paul was a full time minister, so surely that verse only applies to those in full time ministry, right?!
Wrong.
The Lord has really opened my eyes to the "mission field" all around me. He's shown me people He's entrusted me with {my children} or people I come in contact with throughout the day, that I am to share Him with.
That could be through a simple smile or act of kindness or something as big as a personal conversation with somebody about their relationship {or lack of} with Jesus.
As I continue to "do life", experiencing highs and lows, I'm understanding more and more that we don't go through things only for ourselves.
 
Every person has a story, some more intense than others, but we all have a story. And those stories are meant to be shared with others. To encourage one another in their faith in Jesus.
 
1 Thessalonians 5:11 says "Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing."
Proverbs 27:17 says "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."

Colossians 2:2 says "that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ"

No matter where you are at today, you have the chance {and responsibility} to share Jesus with others. Through your life story, you have the ability to reach others that perhaps your pastor or church never will.

Who needs to experience the love of Jesus today? Who can you share your story with today?

colossians 2:2

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your heart with me!