Monday, January 26, 2015

Abide{In Praise & Thanksgiving}


Last Friday we talked about Abiding in Him. That each morning we have a fresh start, a new chance to align our mind and day with Him; that we can begin our day abiding in Him.

But, as the day wears on, life can get crazy. Something can happen at work, or school or home that takes your mind completely off of Jesus and on to the task, crisis, or circumstance at hand. And then a downward spiral can begin in our minds.

So, how do we get back to abiding in Him when we lose focus?

For me, it's praise and thanksgiving. I've walked through some deep pain, life crisis' I would never wish on anybody. And I've allowed my mind to be taken off of Him and onto the chaos around me.

But, inevitably, when I literally stop what I'm doing or thinking, turn my focus to Jesus and praise Him for being Him, my problems lose their weight in my mind. No, they don't magically go away or solve themselves, but my focus shifts onto the One who can do something about them.

Psalm 51:15 says "O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise."

Psalm 146:1-2 says "Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."

1 Corinthians 14:15 says " What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also."

So, if you find yourself overwhelmed or stressed out with your day or circumstances in your life, stop what you're doing and praise Jesus for being Jesus.

Turn on your favorite worship music and belt it out to Him. Allow yourself to realign your focus and abide in Him once again.

abide 1 corithians 14:15


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your heart with me!