Friday, January 9, 2015

Uncommon Grace{to Others}

 
What does it look like to pour out grace on others? Is it possible only in big ways? Can we show grace to others every single day? In the little mundane tasks? What about in the big? In moments of pain and heartache caused by others? Can we pour out grace then, too?
 
Yes! Undoubtedly yes!
 
BUT, it's not always easy. And it's never something we can do on our own. It is only by Jesus' power within us, working through us, that we can pour out grace on others...in the little and the big.
 
John 15:5 says "I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing."
 
When we are resting, abiding in Him and receiving the grace He pours out on us, we can, in turn, pour grace out on others. The key is abiding in Him.
 
As a mom of two little ones, I have opportunities all day, every day, to pour out grace on them in little ways, in the mundane parts of my day. They can try my patience and push my buttons and there are many times I fail to show them grace. But, when I'm abiding in Jesus, He puts a check in my spirit and gives me grace, to give them grace.
 
And it's when we make the choice in the little things to show grace, that we are more likely to show grace in the big things. Really big things.
 
Colossians 4:6 says "Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."
 
But, again, this is only done through Christ in us. We must submit ourselves to His grace and let it transform us so that we can pour that grace out on others.
 
2 Corinthians 12:9 says "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
 
Let's submit our natural inclination to not show grace to others and be transformed by the grace of God. Let's pour grace out on others!
 

2 comments:

  1. Happy to read this today, I kind of woke up on the wrong side of the bed and need to remember this today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, not just today haha, but you know what I mean.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your heart with me!