Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Uncommon Grace{to Ourselves}

I don't know about you, but I have a terrible time showing myself grace. There are all these voices and loud noises shouting at me, telling me I am not enough, I shouldn't do that, but rather do this. That I'm not worthy as a wife, mother or friend.

And I believe them.

So, I strive for perfection in all I do. And, I increase my expectations on myself while simultaneously increasing my work load. I become exhausted before my feet even touch the floor in the morning.

BUT, all those voices I'm hearing are lies. Lies straight from the pit of hell!

Jesus, sweet Jesus, sees me completely different. He sees me as His beautiful creation. His masterpiece! {Ephesians 2:10}

The very reason He came to earth and died on the cross for my sins! He sees me as somebody He wants to spend eternity with! And He sees YOU the exact same way! {John 3:16}

He pours out His grace on me! 

He views my weaknesses and insufficiency's as opportunities to let His strength rule in my life. Listen to these incredible life giving words He has spoken over us!

2 Timothy 2:1 "You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 4:16 "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

Matthew 11:28-30 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

What incredible words of truth and life! Let them sink deep into your soul.

I wish I could sit with you over a cup of coffee and tell you that you are enough. You are beautiful. You are God's masterpiece!

Give yourself grace today! Jesus is...!

grace 2 Timothy 2:1 lovehopeandgrace


1 comment:

  1. I definitely want to focus a lot on this, for myself and others!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking a minute to share your heart with me!